National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
This resource lets seniors find resources that can help them continue to thrive as independent members of society. After pin pointing their location it provides numerous resources for seniors in their areas including things such as:
1. Nutrition and meal programs (counseling, home delivered or group meals)
2. Caregiver support (respite care and training for caregivers)
3. Information about assistance programs and referrals to administrators
4. Insurance counseling to seniors (to help understand and maximize the benefits of their insurance such as Medicare)
4. Transportation (information about coordinated shared, non-medical transportation services)
In addition, several agencies can assist families to complete applications for programs such as Medicaid, respite care, and certain veterans’ programs. As well, they may also have case management services to seniors in the area.