HOW TO GET A LIBRARY CARD
What your library card can do for you!
Your Northwestern Regional Library Card provides these benefits:
• Check out of books, audiobooks, downloadable books,
DVDs, music CDs and magazines
• Access to public computers and materials at all library locations.
• Access to your library account online to reserve and renew
materials at www.nwrl.org. Click on Search the Catalog on every webpage!
• NC Live magazine and newspaper articles and other electronic resources from
your home or office online.
Free Library Cards for you and your family, friends and neighbors!
Residents of Alleghany, Stokes, Surry and Yadkin counties and surrounding communities may get a FREE
library card. Just stop by the circulation desk at any of the 13 branches of the Northwestern Regional Library system. To obtain a library card, proof of residency, such as a driver's license with a local address is needed. Anything with your current address will be acceptable.
The members of 13 member libraries include libraries in Boonville, Danbury, Dobson, East Bend, Elkin, Jonesville, King, Lowgap, Mount Airy, Pilot Mountain, Sparta, Walnut Cove and Yadkin.
Card Holder Responsibilites
The library card holder agrees to:
• Be responsible for keeping up with their card and all materials charged to their account.
The cost for a replacement card is $2.00
• Return all books and materials in good condition.
• A late fine of $1.00 per day DVDs and videos with a maximum fine of $10.00 per item. Your account will be blocked if your fines add up to $10.00 or if you have 10 overdue items.
• Loan periods:
o 3 weeks (books and audiobooks)
o 2 weeks ( new fiction and nonfiction)
o 3 days (DVDs and videos)
Renewals can be made in person, online or by calling the branch library. Renewals are limited to one time. Materials with a limited loan period, or that have been requested, cannot be renewed.
HOW DO I PLACE A HOLD ON LIBRARY MATERIALS?
To place a hold on library materials follow these steps:
• Click on the on-line library catalog.
• In the upper right hand corner, enter your account ID. (This is the fourteen-digit number on the back of your library card.)
• Enter your four-digit PIN. (If you do not know your PIN number, just call your local NWRL Branch.)
• Enter or select “log on”.
• Search the catalog for the needed materials.
• Click on the title of the desired material.
• At the bottom of the screen, left hand side, select “Place Hold”.
• Select the NWRL branch where you would like to pick up the materials. (The list is alphabetical and defaults to the Alleghany branch.)
• If desired, select a date for the hold to expire.
• Enter “Place Hold”.
• The “hold” will display. If everything is correct, choose “OK”.
The library will call you when your materials are available to be picked up.
Friendly reminder – In order to serve you more efficiently, please check with your local NWRL branch to be certain your contact information (including current phone number) is registered correctly.
Friendly User Tip: If you experience problems placing materials on hold, contact your local NWRL branch for assistance.
Friendly User Tip: Be sure to use the “Go Back” tab on the green toolbar, instead of the browser’s back arrow. This will prevent having to repeatedly log into your account.